Mount Samat Adventure

To be all the way up Mount Samat National Shrine’s apex, to be inside its cross, is a culmination of a dream. A line off our bucketlist checked. And as we stood there, we the Villa Juanita Rides Club peered hard, looking through its narrow windy windows if we could somehow get a glimpse of our own home, right from the cross that can be seen from ours.

The marble-clad colonnade of the shrine, replete with embossed sculptures by National Artist Napoleon Abueva depicting war scenes and bronze insignias of the USAFFE, were filled to bursting with people—mostly students and young folks, taking their sweet time celebrating the ongoing festivities and basically just hanging around.

From this vantage, the iconic cross closely associated with the province was almost within reach.

Dubbed as one of the largest crosses in the world and the first in Asia, Mt. Samat National Shrine is a Philippine pride. If foreigners are itching to step on this mountain, Filipinos should too. Foreign tourists spend money on visa and passport just to be in Mt. Samat Shrine.  Sadly, some Filipinos are not even aware of this Philippine pride.  This summer is a perfect time to visit this attractive spot.

Most elderly would say “huwag basta isusuko ang Bataan.” Studying Philippine history would orient us that Filipino and American soldiers during the World War II managed to fight the Japanese for three months.  This long engagement cost the Japanese valuable time, therefore prevented them abrupt victory across the Pacific.

The Bataan Shrine was dedicated to the fallen Filipino and American warriors who valiantly fought against the Japanese troop during the World War II. This alone made Mt. Samat Shrine a perfect place for educational tours for students and travelers alike.

The Philippines was a nation in the thick of World War II. Then an American colony, the Philippines was attacked by Japanese forces on Dec. 8, 1941, barely a day after Pearl Harbor. In less than a month, Manila was declared an open city on Jan. 2, 1942. However, Filipino and American forces held on, and from February onwards, the battle lines were drawn for the final stand in Bataan.

The ensuing “Battle of Bataan” lasted for three months. Finally, on April 9, 1942, 75,000 Filipino and American soldiers surrendered and although exhausted, they were forced to march the 140-km road from Mariveles, Bataan all the way to Capas, Tarlac. Thousands died en route from disease, starvation, dehydration, heat prostration, untreated wounds, and wanton execution. Those who were left behind continued to defend the island of Corredigor in one final stand, finally giving up only in May 6, 1942 – the last stand of freedom in the Philippines and Southeast Asia.

The Dambana ng Kagitingan (Shrine of Valor) in Mt. Samat was erected to commemorate the Battle of Bataan. The 92-meter high cross, known as the ‘Bataan Cross’, is a commemmoration of a people’s bravery and heroism, as well as the historical ties that bind Filipinos and Americans who fought alongside each other in that dark hour of history.
Previous
Next Post »

3 comments

Click here for comments
Hanna Rosin
admin
October 24, 2019 at 8:38 AM ×

HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
+2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

Reply
avatar
Donna
admin
December 29, 2019 at 1:47 AM ×

HOW DR. UNEME brought back my ex lover unemespellben@gmail.com
Am DONNA, am from UK. After been in a relationship with my Boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl. of a truth, I really love this guy and never can I imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, I came across some Testimonies on a website about this great spell caster called (Dr. UNEME) any persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex lover back, I had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr UNEME I equally want to use this opportunity to Tell/Advice to as many who need their ex back, if you need his help you can Contact him through
EMAIL: unemespellben@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM @ +2348143813120


Thank You Once Again Dr.UNEME





Reply
avatar
maammunilah
admin
February 11, 2020 at 11:56 PM ×

MALE ENLARGEMENT PRODUCT / MAN POWER / MALE ENHANCEMENT +27785167256 AND FOR STRONG ERECTION
I was very nervous and had been researching Penis Enlargement surgery for a few months. I decided to get a consultation with Dr. latifah and am so glad I did. Her work makes you feel very comfortable and Dr. latifah is there to answer all your questions and give you the confidence an reassurance you need to have faith about having a positive outcome for your procedure. It has been someday since my procedure and so far I am very happy with my results. I definitely recommend Dr. latifah on Email.. maamtifah@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +27785167256.
I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor latifah now, his email is maamtifah@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +27785167256

Reply
avatar